The Bone & Joint Center is seeking an Orthopaedic Technician (Cast Room Technician) to assist our Orthopaedic Physicians with providing casting and bracing services to our patients. The Orthopaedic Technicians work under the guidance and supervision of our licensed clinical personnel. Be part of a dynamic team where your contribution matters to the quality of clinical services provided in the Capital Region. The position is assigned to the Albany office location but may be rotated to satellite offices. The position is M-F days, with an added opportunity to provide coverage in our orthopedic urgent care center.
- High school graduate with college coursework in anatomy and physiology.
- Formal training as an orthopedic technician is a plus.
- Previous orthopedic technician experience preferred.
- One year of healthcare experience required.
- National Certification of Orthopedic Technologists is a plus.
- Certification as an Athletic Trainer, EMT or LPN.
Additional skills required: Demonstrated proficiency in cast applications and removal suture removal, DME applications (Knee, Elbow, Ankle, Pavlik Harness, Bebax Shoes), wound cleansing and dressing application. Patient education is also required of this position.