Dr. Paul Hospodar’s areas of orthopaedic interest are in fracture care, sports injuries, and joint replacement surgery. Dr. Hospodar actively pursues the mission of The Bone & Joint Center by providing his expertise as an associate professor at Albany Medical College. He also provides training to others within the medical community.
Dr. Hospodar has been published in the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, Journal of Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, and many other professional publications.
Dr. Hospodar enjoys many outdoor activities, including hiking and fishing. He is an avid skier and a member of the Ski Windham Ski Patrol. He enjoys flying as a private pilot, and his sport of choice is hockey. Dr. Hospodar is a team physician for the Albany Devils.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: The University of Scranton, Scranton, PA
- Doctor of Medicine: Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- General Surgery Internship: Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Orthopaedic Traumatology Fellowship: Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital, Indianapolis, IN
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- The American Orthopaedic Association
- Recognized as "Best Doctors in the Capital Region," 2012
- Albany Medical College: Clinical Associate Professor
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital
- Albany Devils Ice Hockey