At The Bone & Joint Center our surgeons provide expert care for all aspects of traumatic musculoskeletal injuries, including inpatient and outpatient orthopaedic surgical care and rehabilitation. Through the Albany Medical Center, we are the only providers of Level 1 Trauma care for a radius of over 150 miles. We are experts at treating the most seriously injured patients with complex fractures and injuries.
Our approach is individualized and comprehensive as we assist patients and their families manage the every step in their treatment, from therapy to education. Our compassionate care extends to the entire person—not just his or her injuries.
Patients with acute injuries who have been seen at any Emergency Room or Urgent Care facility can be seen the same day they call.
Patients with the following acute and chronic conditions will benefit from The Bone & Joint Center's trauma specialists:
- Difficult fractures of the upper and lower extremities, including open and complex periarticular injuries
- Complex fractures in the joints (periarticular injuries)
- Severe open fractures
- Patients with multiple injuries
- Pelvic and acetabular (hip) fractures
- Geriatric fractures
- Spine fractures and injuries
- Dislocated joints
COMPLICATIONS OR CHRONIC CONDITIONS
- Non-unions (fractures that did not heal)
- Mal-unions (fractures that healed in poor position)
- Infections and osteomyelitis (bone infection)
- Arthritis after fracture