The Bone & Joint Center’s Dr. Mike Mulligan talks about the most common surgery that hand surgeons do, carpal tunnel surgery. How did that surgery make Glasnow’s pitches unique?
Dr. Michael Mulligan is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in reconstructive and arthroscopic procedures of the upper extremity. He has particular interest and experience in treating patients who suffer from hand, wrist, and elbow trauma, including complex fractures, ligament ruptures, joint stiffness, and instability. Dr. Mulligan has expertise in microvascular surgery and congenital hand deformities, as well as mini-open and endoscopic carpal tunnel release.
In addition to providing exceptional orthopaedic care, Dr. Mulligan also guest stars on the Sunday Sports Buzz’s “Breakdown the Bones” segment, where he talks sports injuries with Charlie Voelker. To listen to their discussions about various sports injuries, please use the button below.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: Union College, Schenectady, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Hand and Microvascular Surgery Fellowship: Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Fellow of The American Orthopaedic Association
- Albany Medical College: Associate Professor, Residency Program Director – Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Center for Advanced Ambulatory Surgery
- St. Peter’s Hospital
- “Dr. Mulligan was very concerned. He explained my condition and guided me with suggestions and topical medication. Dr. Mulligan had great mannerisms and had me smiling and laughing in no time. I have made an appointment for four months and will cancel if I see improvement. I would recommend Dr. Mulligan to others.”– Patricia G.Patient Rating:
- “Dr. Mulligan has been my doc for many years. I would highly recommend him to any person who needs a hand doc.”– Tammie D.Patient Rating:
- “Dr. Mulligan is very intelligent and listens to everything before saying what he thinks or the next step. He's a fabulous doctor.”– Tammie D.Patient Rating:
As Tyler Glasnow prepares for World Series Game 5, We Talk About His Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Dr. Michael Mulligan Breaks Down MLB Injuries
Dr. Michael Mulligan from The Bone & Joint Center and Albany Med talks about D.J. LeMahieu’s hand sprain, Aaron Judge, Tommy John Surgery, and more on the Breakdown of the Bones, presented by The Bone & Joint Center.