Interventional Pain Medicine
Dr. Kimberley Schuller is fellowship-trained in interventional pain medicine for spine. Her areas of focus include neck and back pain as well as nerve impingement causing pain radiating down the arms or legs and joint pain. Through individualized, evidence-based treatment plans for their pain, she is dedicated to helping patients have a better quality of life so they can get back to the things they love doing.
A native to upstate New York, Dr. Schuller attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York, for her Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical engineering. Then, she went on to earn her Master of Science degree in anatomy from Penn State in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Thereafter, she attended New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine in Old Westbury, New York, where she earned her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree. After medical school, she completed her anesthesia residency at Albany Medical Center and then elected to attend the University of Vermont for her fellowship in interventional pain medicine.
Dr. Schuller is a member of the American Medical Association as well as the Society of Interventional Spine. When she is not seeing patients, Dr. Schuller enjoys exercising, reading fiction crime novels, enjoying the variety of food the Capital Region has to offer, and spending time with her family and friends.
Dr. Schuller is available to see patients at our Albany, Latham, and Malta locations.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Master of Science in Anatomy: Penn State, Hershey, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, NY
- Anesthesia Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Interventional Pain Medicine Fellowship: The University of Vermont Medical Center, Burlington, VT
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Spine Intervention Society
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Center for Advanced Ambulatory Surgery
- “Dr. Schuller was very informative about my issue and treatment. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire visit.”– Susan S.Patient Rating:
- “Dr. Schuller was fantastic.”– Becky W.Patient Rating:
- “Dr. Schuller is a highly compassionate provider with excellent listening skills and bedside manners. She explains the diagnosis and what options are available. I recommend her to all who need a back/spinal specialist.”– Patti C.Patient Rating: