Castle Connolly recently released its 2019 Top Doctors listing, which included eleven doctors from The Bone & Joint Center. Eight of the doctors, Drs. Richard Alfred, R. Maxwell Alley, Robert Cheney, John Czajka, Matthew DiCaprio, Marc Fuchs, Jordan Lisella, and Joachim Tenuta, were named Top Doctors in orthopaedic surgery. The other three, Drs.
Dr. Richard Alfred is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine injuries.
He is the trauma physician for Saratoga Race Course and the team physician for Siena College, Hudson Valley Community College, and Russell Sage College. He is the former training camp physician for the New York Giants football team.
Dr. Alfred is a native of Albany and a graduate of Albany High School.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biochemical Sciences: Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- General Surgery Internship: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Albany Medical College, 1980
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Albany Medical College: Clinical Professor
- Albany High School
- Houston Astros
- New York Giants
- New York Racing Association
- Siena College
- The Sage Colleges
- Tri-City ValleyCats
- University at Albany, State University of New York