"CHECK" THIS OUT! | Dr. Daniel Phelan was recently on the ice at the Times Union Center treating a St. Cloud State hockey player during the NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey Championship regionals against Boston College!
Dr. Daniel Phelan is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon whose interests include complex reconstructions of the knee and shoulder, knee replacement, arthroscopy of the knee and shoulder, and orthopaedic trauma and fracture care.
Dr. Phelan is a native of Albany and a graduate of Shaker High School. He enjoys running and spending time with his wife and three children. He is the team physician at several local high schools and colleges, including Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Colonie Central High School.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Springfield College, Springfield, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Knee and Sports Medicine Fellowship: San Diego Knee and Sports Medicine
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Albany Medical College, 1998
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Royal Society of Groates
- Recognized as "Best Doctors in the Capital Region," 2011-2012
- Albany Medical College: Clinical Assistant Professor
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: Clinical Instructor
- Chula Vista High School
- Colonie Central High School
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute