Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Anjum Iqbal is a board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor who is fellowship-trained in pain medicine. He also specializes in the nonsurgical relief of back and neck pain symptoms.
Dr. Iqbal is active in clinical studies. He is also an assistant professor of pain management at Albany Medical Center.
In his spare time, Dr. Iqbal enjoys spending time with his wife and four children. Other hobbies include walking, biking, swimming, and volunteer work with the medically underprivileged.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: University of Health Sciences Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan
- Medical Degree: Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
- Internal Medicine Internship: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Interventional Pain Management Fellowship: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
- Board Certification: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Specialty Certification in Pain Medicine: American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR)
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP)
- Albany Medical Center: Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Center for Advanced Ambulatory Surgery
- “This is my third injection with Dr. Iqbal. He is always willing to hear what I have to say and chooses what is best for me. Easy to talk to and extremely knowledgeable, I feel well cared for and have always considered him my superhero.”– Mary D.Patient Rating:
- “Dr. Iqbal is easy to talk with, listens to my ideas and suggestions, and is very helpful.”– Pamela S.Patient Rating:
- “I have been a patient of Dr. Iqbal's for years and each time I see him he has always been compassionate, kind, and understanding. He takes the time to answer all my questions and I never feel rushed out of the office. He is amazing.”– Patricia D.Patient Rating: