Joseph P. Zimmerman, M.D., a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon at The Bone & Joint Center, was recently published in 55+ Living, an exclusive publication that concentrates on topics relating to those 55 and older.
Total Shoulder Arthroplasty and Resurfacing
Total and Partial Knee Replacement
Dr. Joseph Zimmerman is a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon specializing knee and shoulder arthroscopy, joint replacement, general orthopaedics, and trauma care. He provides expert diagnosis and treatment for sports-related and general orthopaedic injuries and conditions.
Dr. Zimmerman offers the latest procedures, including shoulder and knee arthroscopy, minimally invasive total shoulder resurfacing, complex ligament reconstruction, cartilage preservation procedures, as well as partial and total knee replacement.
Dr. Zimmerman previously served as the assistant team physician to the Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat, and Florida International University. He continues his athletic involvement as a team physician for Siena College, The Sage Colleges, and Rensselaer High School. He is also an active member of the Siena Rugby Alumni group.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Siena College, Loudonville, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: Miami Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute, Coral Gables, FL
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Rensselaer High School
- Siena College
- The Sage Colleges