Castle Connolly recently released its 2019 Top Doctors listing, which included eleven doctors from The Bone & Joint Center. Eight of the doctors, Drs. Richard Alfred, R. Maxwell Alley, Robert Cheney, John Czajka, Matthew DiCaprio, Marc Fuchs, Jordan Lisella, and Joachim Tenuta, were named Top Doctors in orthopaedic surgery. The other three, Drs.
Dr. Robert Cheney joined The Bone & Joint Center in 1996 and specializes in spine surgery. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Cheney is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a clinical assistant professor with the department of orthopaedic surgery at Albany Medical Center.
Dr. Cheney is married with four children and is very active in local youth lacrosse and soccer community programs as well as a family developed and run charitable organization to assist cystic fibrosis patients and their families in the community.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- General Surgery Internship: Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Akron General Medical Center/Akron Children’s Hospital, Akron, OH
- Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Fellowship: Beaumont Hospital – Royal Oak, Royal Oak, MI
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Crawford Campbell Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Medical Society of the County of Albany
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Recognized as "Best Doctors in the Capital Region," 2012
- Albany Medical Center: Associate Clinical Instructor – Division of Orthopaedic Surgery