The team at The Bone & Joint Center has recently grown with the addition of trauma surgeon Dr. Ernest Chisena, pediatric orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Abigail Mantica and hand and upper extremity surgeon Dr. Patrick Marinello. Each of the new providers have completed advanced fellowship training in their areas of specialty and are available to see patients at the practice’s Albany office, located at 1367 Washington Ave., Suite 300. Dr.
Dr. Abigail Mantica is fellowship-trained in pediatric orthopaedic surgery and specializes in offering exceptional care for a variety of general orthopaedic and pediatric orthopaedic injuries and conditions, including pediatric trauma, scoliosis, limb deformity, clubfoot, and hip dysplasia. She also treats orthopaedic conditions in patients with cerebral palsy and neuromuscular conditions. Dr. Mantica is dedicated to providing her patients with high-quality orthopaedic care and developing customized treatment plans that meet their individual needs.
After attending Amherst College in Amherst, Massachusetts, for her Bachelor of Arts degree, Dr. Mantica earned her Doctor of Medicine degree at Albany Medical College in Albany, New York. She went on to complete her orthopaedic surgery residency at The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Washington, DC, before undergoing extensive training in pediatric orthopaedic surgery through a fellowship at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware.
When she is not seeing patients, Dr. Mantica enjoys going to farmers markets, reading fiction, and staying active by running and playing tennis and squash.
Dr. Mantica is available to see patients at our Albany location.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Premedical Studies: Amherst College, Amherst, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship: Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
- “The doctor was very informative and very patient with us and our child. We set attainable goals with a solid plan in place. ”– Landon R.Patient Rating:
- “Dr. Mantica was wonderful. Patient, kind, relatable for my child and me. ”– Caitlyn M.Patient Rating:
- “Nice and knowledgeable. ”– Hesham H.Patient Rating: