Castle Connolly recently released its 2019 Top Doctors listing, which included eleven doctors from The Bone & Joint Center. Eight of the doctors, Drs. Richard Alfred, R. Maxwell Alley, Robert Cheney, John Czajka, Matthew DiCaprio, Marc Fuchs, Jordan Lisella, and Joachim Tenuta, were named Top Doctors in orthopaedic surgery. The other three, Drs.
Upper Extremity, including the Hand, Wrist and Shoulder
General Orthopaedics, including Trauma
Beginning more than 2,000 years ago, philosophers have recognized and asserted that “life is motion” and “motion is life.” Dr. David Quinn respects how central to human nature is the power of narrative or stories.
Each patient comes with a story, a story to be heard and analyzed—a story to be considered along with findings on physical examination and in the context of additional imaging or laboratory studies.
Each orthopaedic problem itself tells its own story as the natural history of the problem meets nonoperative or even surgical treatment.
Dr. Quinn’s mission is to use his education, training, and experience to affect each orthopaedic story so as to maintain or restore each patient’s motions and thereby his or her life.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Amherst College, Amherst, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Hand and Upper Extremity and Microsurgery Fellowship: Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification for Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Castle Connolly "Top Doc," Orthopaedic Surgery, Hudson Valley Magazine, 2006-2015
- Albany Medical College: Clinical Assistant Professor