The local experts at The Bone & Joint Center, a leading orthopedic practice in the region, have observed a significant uptick in injuries correlating with the surging popularity of pickleball. This trend mirrors recent findings from insurance carriers and analysts, indicating a parallel increase in pickleball-related injuries on a national scale. In response to the growing concern, the practice's experts have formulated comprehensive guidelines aimed at promoting safety and injury prevention among pickleball enthusiasts.
Anterior Total Hip Replacement
Total Knee Replacement
Total Hip and Knee Revision
As a fellowship-trained adult reconstruction surgeon, Dr. Alexander Harbin specializes in the latest joint replacement procedures of the hip and knee as well as orthopaedic trauma care. His surgical expertise includes anterior hip replacement, revision hip and knee replacement, patient-specific knee replacement, and robotic-assisted knee replacement.
Dr. Harbin is expertly trained in using the Zimmer Biomet Persona IQ® The Smart Knee™ with the ROSA® Knee robot to perform precise total knee replacements.
Dr. Harbin strives to give patients the individual attention and time they deserve. He is devoted to improving his patients’ function and mobility and enjoys seeing patients walk in after surgery with an improved quality of life.
In his spare time, Dr. Harbin enjoys snowboarding, hiking, and hunting.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Finance: The University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- General Surgery Internship: The University of Kansas School of Medicine–Wichita, Wichita, KS
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: NorthShore University HealthSystem, Chicago, IL