Castle Connolly recently released its 2019 Top Doctors listing, which included eleven doctors from The Bone & Joint Center. Eight of the doctors, Drs. Richard Alfred, R. Maxwell Alley, Robert Cheney, John Czajka, Matthew DiCaprio, Marc Fuchs, Jordan Lisella, and Joachim Tenuta, were named Top Doctors in orthopaedic surgery. The other three, Drs.
Dr. Richard Uhl specializes in the hand and upper extremity as well as orthopaedic trauma. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Uhl is a professor of surgery and residency program director and head of the division of orthopaedic surgery at Albany Medical College.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- General Surgery Internship: NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY
- Orthopaedic Residency: NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY
- Hand Surgery Fellowship: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- AO Alumni Association
- New York Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA)
- The American Orthopaedic Association (AOA)
- “Best Doctors in America”
- “Best Doctors in the Capital Region", 2016
- “Best Doctors in Hudson Valley"
- "Who’s Who in America"
- Albany Medical College: Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute: Adjunct Professor of Biomedical Engineering