The Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center is seeking a Certified Professional Coder to join its team.
The Medical Coder will be responsible for the proper coding and billing for two Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgery Centers by reviewing electronic medical records to substantiate the level of coding, and accurately optimize all services documented for billing.
Position overview and requirements:
• Full time (40 hours per week)
• AAPC Certified Coder
• Minimum of 2 years medical coding and billing experience, orthopaedics preferred
• Knowledge of insurance and able to assist in educating staff in documentation requirements
• Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations
• Demonstrates initiative to provide quality of service and improve efficiency
• Must maintain positive working relations with all team members and physicians
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication (both written and oral) and time management skills
• Must possess tact and diplomacy