Andrew C. Gerdeman, M.D., is a fellowship-trained sports medicine specialist, with an emphasis on advanced arthroscopic techniques of the shoulder and knee. His expertise includes arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, arthroscopic stabilization for shoulder dislocations, and arthroscopic labral repair (SLAP repair). He also specializes in the treatment of patella dislocations, meniscus repair, cartilage restoration procedures, and complex multiple ligament reconstructions of the knee.
Dr. Gerdeman enjoys the special relationships he develops with patients and athletes: “I love what I do, and I treat all my patients as I would treat my own family.” He serves as team physician at Skidmore College as well as several high schools in the Capital Region.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology: University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
- Graduate Studies in Neuroscience: University of Hartford, Hartford, CT
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital
- Skidmore College Thoroughbreds
- The College of Saint Rose Football
"Dr. Gerdeman is awesome!" - Colleen N.