Dr. Jared Roberts is a fellowship-trained total joint surgeon with an emphasis on advanced arthritis and joint problems. His expertise includes anterior total hip replacement using the Hana® table, total knee replacement, partial knee replacement (unicondylar and patellofemoral), complex total joint revisions of failed hip and knee replacement, and surgical management of complex fractures.
In 2011, Dr. Roberts became the first surgeon at Albany Medical Center to perform the anterior approach to total hip arthroplasty utilizing the specialized Hana® table. This exciting muscle-sparing approach offers the possibility of less postoperative pain and an accelerated recovery for today’s active patient population.
- Bachelor of Science: Utica College, Utica, NY
- Master of Science: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Research Fellowship: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Total Joint Arthroplasty Fellowship: The Anderson Orthopaedic Clinic, Alexandria, VA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Engh Society
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital
"I had previous knee scoped and repaired by Dr. Alley. I had a torn meniscus that he repaired, and at the time, told me I would need at least a partial knee replacement showing me during surgery the exposed bare bone. After some time and pain, he sent me to see Dr. Roberts to evaluate my knee and both agreed I have a partial knee replacement. It has been 2 weeks after surgery and I am walking without pain and so very pleased with the outcome. I still have a ways to go I know that, but already see a huge difference walking pain free without the bone-on-bone feeling, and I could not be happier with the care of these fine surgeons at The Bone & Joint Center. Thank you all so much!" - Michael D.