Dr. Joseph Zimmerman is a fellowship-trained sports medicine surgeon specializing in general orthopaedic, joint replacement, shoulder, and trauma care. He provides expert diagnosis and treatment for sports-related and general orthopaedic injuries and conditions, such as knee and shoulder instability and arthritis, rotator cuff tears, meniscus tears, ACL tears, and cartilage injuries.
With extensive training and experience in adult reconstructive and sports medicine surgery, Dr. Zimmerman offers the latest procedures, including shoulder and knee arthroscopy, minimally invasive total shoulder resurfacing, knee ligament reconstruction, partial unicompartmental knee replacement, total knee replacement, and cartilage preservation procedures.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biology: Siena College, Loudonville, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: Miami Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute, Coral Gables, FL
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- New York State Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Albany Medical Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital
- Siena College
- Troy High School