Dr. Kelley Banagan is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the surgical and nonsurgical care of spine injuries and conditions. Having completed extensive training in the spine, she offers a variety of spine-related surgeries and treatments, including anterior cervical discectomy and fusion, microdiscectomy, lumbar laminectomy, and thoracic procedures as well as adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and spinal trauma treatments. Dr. Banagan’s overall goal is always to provide her patients with the best possible care and to do so in a caring, professional, and skillful way.
After earning her Bachelor of Science degree at St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York, Dr. Banagan attended medical school at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York, graduating with her Doctor of Medicine degree. Dr. Banagan completed both an internship and her residency training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. Following residency, she underwent additional training through an orthopaedic spine fellowship at Rush University in Chicago, Illinois.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science: St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY
- Doctor of Medicine: SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Internship: University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- Orthopaedic Spine Fellowship: Rush University, Chicago, IL
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- The Leading Physicians of the World
- The Spine Journal, Reviewer
- Albany Medical Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital