Dr. Matthew Tetreault is a fellowship-trained lower extremity adult reconstruction surgeon. He specializes in total hip replacement (including the direct anterior approach), total and partial knee replacement, revision hip and knee replacement, and trauma-related injuries. He is dedicated to developing evidence-based treatment plans that are tailored to meeting the individual goals of his patients and getting them back to the activities they enjoy.
Born and raised in the Capital District, Dr. Tetreault graduated from Guilderland High School. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry and economics from Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts, and his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After medical school, he completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois, before undergoing additional training through a lower extremity adult reconstruction fellowship at the renowned Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. This included dedicated training in complex primary (first-time) and revision (redo) hip and knee replacement.
Dr. Tetreault is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, and the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association as well as a consultant reviewer for The Bone & Joint Journal and The Journal of Arthroplasty. He has published multiple book chapters and scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals in addition to presenting studies at national orthopaedic meetings.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Tetreault enjoys exercising and spending time with his family.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Economics: Williams College, Williamstown, MA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Lower Extremity Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- The Bone & Joint Journal, Consultant Reviewer
- The Journal of Arthroplasty, Consultant Reviewer
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital