Dr. Shankar Das is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon whose interests are in sports medicine with a specific focus on shoulder and knee injuries and surgery. He also has vast experience in hip arthroscopy, including surgical repair of torn labrum and femoral acetabular impingement.
Dr. Das is the medical director of Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center and is the consultant for the Tri-City ValleyCats, as well as the team physician for the University at Albany and Guilderland Center High School.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Psychology: University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- Doctor of Philosophy: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Doctor of Medicine: Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- "Best Doctors in America"
- "Best Doctors in the Capital Region," 2012
- Albany Medical College: Clinical Assistant Professor
- University at Albany: Faculty – Department of Athletics
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital
- Los Angeles Angels
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- Los Angeles Kings
- Los Angeles Lakers
- USC Football