Dr. Vivek Dutt is a triple-fellowship-trained surgeon who specializes in pediatric orthopaedics as well as in oncology and trauma. Having undergone extensive training and multiple fellowships, he is highly skilled in providing surgical and nonsurgical treatments for pediatric patients and offers a variety of treatment options, including hip dysplasia treatment, tumor resection, deformity correction, and limb reconstruction.
At the Christian Medical College in Vellore, India, Dr. Dutt earned his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees as well as completed an internship and his orthopaedic residency training. He later chose to undergo additional training through a pediatric orthopaedic fellowship at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare and the University of Minnesota in St. Paul and Minneapolis, Minnesota. A couple of years after his first fellowship, Dr. Dutt completed two additional fellowships, one in musculoskeletal oncology at the Washington Cancer Institute and Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., and the other in pediatric and young adult hip preservation surgery at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dr. Dutt takes a holistic approach to caring for all of his patients and treats each patient like he would a member of his own family. As most of his patients are children, he is dedicated to working with both the patient and their caregivers to create an individualized treatment plan that meets their needs and goals.
Outside of practicing medicine, Dr. Dutt enjoys spending time with family as well as listening to music and hiking.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery: Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
- Internship: Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
- Orthopaedic Residency: Christian Medical College, Vellore, India
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Fellowship: Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare, University of Minnesota, St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN
- Musculoskeletal Oncology Fellowship: Washington Cancer Institute, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- Pediatric and Young Adult Hip Preservation Surgery Fellowship: Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, MA
- American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine
- Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, Reviewer
- International Cartilage Regeneration & Joint Preservation Society
- Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma, Reviewer
- Paediatric Orthopaedics & Related Sciences, Reviewer
- Albany Medical Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital