Dr. Maxwell Alley is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. Dr. Alley’s main area of specialization involves arthroscopy and sports medicine. Ligamentous reconstructions of the knee and shoulder, as well as arthroscopic operation on the shoulder, knee, and elbow, are a large component of his practice.
Dr. Alley enjoys his time on the sidelines, both at the University of Albany and at his alma mater, Shaker High School.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology: Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- General Surgery Internship: Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital/Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY
- General Surgery Residency: Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Fellowship: University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Frank C. McCue III Society
- Castle Connolly "Top Doc," Orthopaedic Surgery, Hudson Valley Magazine, 2006-2014
- Recognized as "Best Doctors in the Capital Region," 2011-2012
- Albany Medical College: Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
- New York State Athletic Commission Medical Advisory Board
- University at Albany: Co-Team Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Albany Medical Center
- Capital Region Ambulatory Surgery Center
- St. Peter’s Hospital
- University at Albany, State University of New York
"Dr. Alley is a wonderful doctor. He took the time to patiently answer all of my questions thoroughly." - Lisa F.